Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Procrastination is a Four Letter Word

In fine Jamie fashion, I am so behind on this blog. I had every intention of keeping up with all the entertaining and colorful aspects of my journey, but I didn't consider how many of those moments were going to occur. Almost too many to pick and choose which ones I want to share. Truth be told, I'd like to share almost all, but again, seeming impossible. The beautiful fact of the matter is I've become so entrenched in my travels that this trip has truly taken on a life force all its own.

So, allow me to fill you in on a couple highlights in this quick stolen moment...

1.) I traveled to Santiago Atitlan today from Tzununa. It was terribly sad to bid farewell to Terri and Maria, but new places and people awaited me. Two boat rides and some of the best conversation with fellow travelers later, I find myself at Posada de Santiago.

Posada De Santiago is a hotel that will require it's own blog entry. Seriously. It's like summer camp. I've never seen anything like this place in...my...life. Again, more later, but I will leave you with this vision: Stone cabins, lots of guitar playing and orchids everywhere.

2.) I am staying in Guatemala through Friday night now, as opposed to Thursday morning. Details on this itineray change at a later entry.

And last, but most important detail, Kelly from my office and home called me today to let me know that My Little (Sam) was at the vet today due to an onset of vertigo. I know. It sounds as ridiculous as that little dog is, but it was apparenly very scary for everyone. It was handled in, from what I can acertain, in the most loving and caring way. I am certain, and assured he is totally ok. But... there is a nagging sense that all I want to do is hold and kiss his little-ness right now. I know you will join me in sending good thoughts to sam and my amazing friends helping him be okay.

I must go to bed- I have a 6 hour horseback adventure starting at 9:00AM tomorrow.

My apologies for the lackluster show. I know I've set high standards for this blog thing.

No comments: